QuickBooks Error 6190,-816
Hi community members
I updated my QuickBooks 2018 to 2019 and after this update when I tried to open my company file it won’t open. It was showing an error that you can’t access QuickBooks Company File. It will be great if you help me resolve this issue as soon as possible.
Thank you in advance
Hi, welcome to the community
QuickBooks Error 6190,-816 is related to company file error that comes under 6000 error category. This error can occur because of many possibilities and some of the most common are given below:
- QuickBooks is not updated completely.
- There might be chance that two users use it in a single user mode.
- Corrupted or damaged company file data.
Steps to fix QuickBooks Error 6190,-816
- Download QuickBooks File Doctor Tool it from official website of Intuit, and then install it.
- Run the tool as administrator.
- Two options are showing in your screen.
- Both File Damage and Network Connectivity.
- Choose the first option.
- Enter the Admin and Password.
- If your company file is hosted on server click Yes otherwise click no.
If you follow these steps carefully you will be able to fix QuickBooks Error 6190,-816. However, if it still persists you can call us on our toll-free number for QuickBooks Support +1888-551-1563 and get connected with us.